Historic Route 66 Property for Sale in Winslow Arizona
A unique opportunity in the heart of Winslow Arizona’s burgeoning Route 66 District! This Historic Property sits between westbound Route 66 and eastbound Route 66, right next to the key attraction in town: The Standin’ on the Corner Park. The building is located within the commercial/residential zoned Route 66 overlay, which means the 4200 square foot could be used as both a home and business. The building, which is on the historic registry, is one of the few downtown with its own parking lot.
Featured on Arizona Highways TV!
Click this LINK to watch the episode!
The interior is divided into three sections: a beautiful 1000 square foot storefront.
A mid-section workspace with bathroom.
And a back workroom with separate alley entrance and bathroom with opportunity for Airbnb.
Work Done to the Building
Since 2019, the building has:
- New HVAC
- Reinstated Tin Ceiling (CLICK to read the blogpost here)
- Front display stages built from 100-year-old hardwood floor
- Penny entryway
- Wall to separate front store space/mid section work space with custom barndoor
- All new plumbing in the far back bathroom, bathroom just needs finishing out (flooring)
- Facade paint
- Storefront paint
- Picture rails
- Custom built checkout counter
Along with the local population, Winslow’s downtown attracts several types of tourists including railroad-enthusiasts, Route 66 travelers from around the world, the “Fred-Heads” who come for the La Posada Hotel–the crown jewel of the Harvey House Empire, outdoor adventurers who come to hike the area and paddle Clear Creek, and of course Eagles fans who want to “Stand on a Corner in Winslow Arizona.” The building is an ideal location for a variety of business models, with plenty of space, charm, and history. Opportunities abound with this Historic Route 66 Property for Sale. There is also opportunity to buy the current business which would include proprietary designs exclusive to the Mercantile (set-up fees already paid) and fixtures.
213 N. Kinsley Ave History
Mr. Ernest Ferar constructed the building in 1898 as the Vienna Bakery. It remained a bakery until the 1940s when Sears moved in. Over the next forty years, it hosted a variety of department stores (Krause’s, Lehman’s, and a Montgomery Ward catalog order center). Read more about the history by clicking this link.
Brian and Lori Law bought the property in 2017 and worked to recreate the old-time charm the storefront had lost over the years through various remodels. They reinstated the patterned-tin ceilings, added vintage light fixtures, painted the facade, and decorated the store with antiques and motor-related memorabilia. Guests frequently comment on how the store makes them feel as if they’ve stepped back in time. The Laws are now ready to retire and looking for a new owner to add to the building’s legacy.
For more information, or to schedule a viewing, please contact David Hartman of Harley-Hendricks Realty. (928) 587-9250