Many thanks to Caryna for showing us what she did with her Living Lettuce! Like us, Caryna cooks by feel and taste rather than a specific recipe, but she’s given us a general idea. Enjoy!
Bulgogi Ground Beef Lettuce Cups
(Recipe from Caryna Johnson)
- Grass fed hamburger 1 lb
- Scallions (1 small bunch whites and greens chopped Reserve 1 T for topping)
- Ginger fresh minced 1t ish
- Garlic fresh pressed 3 cloves
- Water chestnuts
- Gochujang paste 2 T ish
- Soy sauce 2-3 T ish
- Honey 1 T ish
- Sesame oil 1/2–1 t ish
- Sticky rice or Jasmine rice
- Brown and season hamburger, when almost brown add scallions, ginger, water chestnuts, and garlic. Sauté for a minute just until garlic is fragrant.
- Add Gojuchang, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Taste for balance adjust accordingly. Sauté on med low for 5 minutes.
- Top butter lettuce leaves with rice, meat mixture, reserved scallions, and additional Gochuchang for extra spicy(optional).
Safeway has sesame oil and should have jasmine rice ( I prefer sticky rice in this because it’s less messy and obviously holds a nice shape but you can’t buy it here, that’s why I included the Jasmine rice option)